Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Surreal Socio-Religious Experience (also known as FUNNY SHIT AT THE SECOND CUP)

I'm sitting in Second Cup, and I needed somewhere to plug my laptop in. The only socket near me was fully occupied. One outlet was being used by another girl's laptop, and the other outlet had the obligatory table-top Christmas tree plugged into it. Now, as mesmerizing as it was to stare into the ever-changing fibre-optic tree, I needed to work. So I unplugged the tree and plugged in my powerbook.

The girl with the laptop looked at me, smiled, and said "You just ruined Christmas for everyone"

I was bursting with laughter inside, but I merely smiled back and said to her "Oh well, I need to study."

How wonderful is it that I unplugged the Supreme Christian Religious Icon so that I would be able to study for my Rabbinic Judaism midterm tommorow. This could be more than a funny coincidence. It could be a supreme sign. Should the Jewish people somehow dramatically and surprisingly increase in size so as to dwarf Christianity sometime in the near future, everyone take note: IT WAS I THAT WAS RESPONSIBLE.

I'm not saying I'm the Messiah. I'll leave that to Dan Bern.

I'm not going to do a whole social commentary on this. I'm just going to leave it pure and enjoyable. Smiling, I'm going to go study Saadiah Gaon while the Nutrcracker plays overhead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse Paikin - the world's newest revolutionary.

Jesse said...

I like you, too