Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Sun = healthy, Snow = sick

I was perfectly healthy in Miami on the beach. Now I'm home and have come down with the flu. Unrelated coincidence, or a conspiracy by the American government to trick me into thinking warmer weather will keep me healthier? I vote American consiparcy. Call it Flu-gate.

Miami was incredible, the Zionist leadership conference provided me with a lot of great networking opportunities and the chance to hear some really inspiring speakers. But... the greatest thing that the conference gave me was...

A free trip to Israel!!!

Oh yes, that's right, my group won an advertising competition and we were all awarded gift certificates to use towards extended trips in Israel. I'm looking at doing a 5 month ulpan on Kibbutz Tzuba or possibly doing 2 1/2 months of Gadna and outdoor adventuring. It's really exciting to know that I'll be able to be back in Israel soon! I just feel bad that people I was with from Kesher didn't also win... we all got stuck in other groups. Oh well, it looks like they might be taking us to Israel anyways on a seperate training trip, so I hope that works out well.

In other news, shit's going down at the theatre. There seems to be a great lacking in the understanding and reasonability departments. People bitch about unnecessary things, and if there is reason to be upset about things, people express their concern in the most inappropriate ways. I'm tired of people complaining about things behind other people's backs. I'm tired of people not having either the decency or the guts to say things directly to people's faces. And I'm tired of the extreme lack of understanding. Just because people aren't going to be able to do something exactly the way you want it at the exact time you want it is no reason to challenege or question someone's dedication or committment.

Obviously I'm speaking personally here, but it's not only me - there are a number of people who have expressed the same sentiments and it's time that something is done. Maybe we need a revolution or a coup d'etat or... well I don't know. Maybe we can just reenact Les Mis and call it even. Or maybe people can simply be more understanding of each other. That would be nice.

In happier news, I'm off to L.A in a couple of weeks to staff NFTY convention. It'll be nice to see the beach and palm trees again!

That's all for now. I'm going to take a hot shower and then sweat all night long. Damn American conspirators.

No comments: