Tuesday, December 07, 2004

is blog-stalking a punishable crime?

It's 3:52 am, and instead of sleeping I'm blog-stalking various people I know and also some people I don't know. This whole blog business seems to keep going in and out of mainstream fashion. Six years ago I had a dead journal, then a live journal, then 5 years passed, and now I'm back at it again. Although this time, I think I'm journaling more for my own enjoyment than to update the public about Jesse-happenings. I used to write in my real journal all the time, but there seems to be little time to sit down and write these days; so this typing nonsense actually works out quite well.

Erev Channukah is tonight, and instead of celebrating freedom from enslavement for the next eight days, I will be enslaved in writing an essay on Simone de Beavoire and studing for my Political Philosophy exam. And then there's the Reason, God, and the Mind exam I've got after that. I could go into a diatribe about how I feel exams really don't tell you much. But I'm too tired.

Next term I've only got three classes. Plus jazz guitar. Plus Ruddigore rehearsals. Plus Tempest rehearsals. Plus work at the theatre. Plus work at H&M (unless I quit, which is becoming very tempting as of late). Oy. Oy. Oy oy oy.

I'm interested in people's perspectives:

Question: Should blog-stalking be a punishable crime, and if so, please devise an appropriate punishment for this "heinous offence."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get a Live Journal account. Everyone else is there.
-Aron

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I blog-stalk you, considering I read your blog and I don't even tell you who I am or that I'm doing it... and I'd rather not think of it me doing something wrong... so no, I don't think it should be a punishable crime. It's just fun to find out what has been going on in other people's lives. It makes me seem more normal :-)

Anonymous said...

Goodness...I certainly hope not, b/c I am probably one of the worst offenders. I start off at the page of someone I know, link to someone I know vaguely, then I'm off to people that maybe I know, but certainly haven't spoken to in ages (I suppose that is the category you fall into).
:-) rachel petroff
ps...Hi. How are you?