Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Stream of conscious writing - April 30, 2002

Cafeteria Study

Punk music. People staring. I'm supposed to be invisible.

She leans against the grate railing, sitting on the stairs, sipping her Coca-Cola, wearing a shirt with "skate boarding is not a crime" emblazoned across the front.

A girl, umbrella in hand, skips over the first two steps on her way upstairs. Blue puffy vest, curly brown hair with blonde streaks. A half smile on her face.

White shirt, black tie, glasses and curly matted hair, he runs down the stairs. "wuzzle wuzzle"

Jello, cards, and a spoon hanging out of her mouth.
"I'm smarter than you"
Two boy walk by.
"Go fish?"
My vision is blocked.
"How's it going Jesse?"
I'm supposed to be invisible.
"Good. I'm eavesdropping on people."
"Sounds like fun. Keep it up."
"Go fish."
"Shutup, I'm smarter than you."
"Sixes?"
"Go fish."
"Tens?"
"Go fish."
"Again!"
Spoon in mouth reaches for her Jello, then changes her mind, turning to the boy next to her. Spoon in mouth has lost the card game.

No comments: